Nutrient rich fresh corn on cob – per bag
Fresh corn/Maize is a staple food in many parts of the world with the total production of maize surpassing that of wheat and rice. It has a wide variety of uses and can be incorporated in many dishes White and yellow corn are used in making pap which serve as ready meal for breakfast and for lactation
MAIZE/FRESH CORN | fresh corn buildrestfoods
Corn also known as maize, is a starchy vegetable that comes as kernel on a cob (fresh corn), covered by a husk. Corn comes in four main types.
The sweet corn you eat at cookout comes in yellow, white, or a combination of the two colours and it has a mildly sugary taste.
Flint corn is harder than sweet corn, Dent corn which comes in white and yellow, has a dent in the top of each kernel and finally the popcorn.
Commonly used Region:
United states, Indian, Mexico, Europe, Canada, South Africa, South America, Nigeria etc
|Minerals and Vitamins||Calcium, Iron,Magneseuim,Phosphorus, Potassium, sodium, Vitamins A, folate, Nacin, Thiamine|
|Phytochemicals and Antioxidant||Polyphenols, Phenolic acids, flavonoids, carotenoids, ferulic acids, Anthocyanins, Zeaxanthin, Lutein, Phytic acids|
Health Benefit of fresh corn:
- It help lowers the risk of getting diseases like cancer, heart diseases and type 2 diabetes
- The fiber in fresh corn helps you stay longer between meals
- It can be helpful in preventing diverticular, a condition that causes pouches in the walls of your colon.
Possible use in food preparation:
Corn has a wide variety of uses and can be incorporated in many dishes.
- White and yellow corn are used in making pap which serve as ready meal for breakfast and for lactation
- It is used as foods e.g Egbo, matched boiled corn(Yoruba), beans and corn.
- It can also be eaten boiled or roasted (masa)
checkout our grain and staple store for more