Buy Cauliflower online on Buildrestfoods Nigeria. ✓ Best prices in Nigeria ✓ Enjoy Great delivery service.
It is an annual plant that is produced by seeds. Only the head of cauliflower is eaten, the edible white flesh which is also called curd is the part that is eaten.
The head is composed of a white inflorescence meristem. Cauliflower heads resembles those of the broccoli, which differs in having flower buds as the edible portion.
Commonly found region:
There are four major types according to where it is commonly found.
- Italian cauliflower
- Northern European annuals: This is commonly used in Europe and North America for summer and fall harvest, it was developed in Germany in the 18th century.
- Northwest European biennia : used in Europe for winter and early spring harvest, this was developed in france in the 19th century and includes the old cultivars Angers and Roscoff.
- Asian Cauliflower : A tropical cauliflower used in china and India, it was developed in India during the 19th century from the new abandoned Cornish type and includes old varieties, early Benaras and patra
There are different colors of cauliflowers they are:
- White cauliflower which is the commonest
- Orange cauliflower which contains carotene as the orange pigment, a provitamin A compound.
- Green cauliflower sometimes called broccoflower.
- Purple cauliflower which is caused by the presence of anthocyanins
|Vitamins and mineral
|Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Folat, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, sodium, zinc
|Phytochemicals and antioxidant
|Flavonoid,ascorbic acid, polyphenols, carotenoids
Aids digestion of foods because of high fiber and water content
Prevent risk of colon cancer
Helps to maintain healthy digestive system
Contains antioxidants that helps prevent cellular mutation and reduces oxidative stress from free radicals.
Useful for building strong bone
Possible uses in food Preparation:
Can be served steamed or roasted as a side dish
Baked in a Chinese sauce as cauliflower cheese
Fried until golden brown, then add to rice dish
As main ingredient of curry
shop for more at our vegetables store